Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dynamite

It's funny how when we were little it was exciting to have someone sleep over - now, since having a husband who "sleeps over" is the norm it's nice to have a night to myself every now and then. I don't think Chad and I have ever been apart more than one night in a row and I know I would miss him tons after spending a couple of nights by myself, but it's fun sometimes to hang out alone after Jozie's asleep, do my own thing, and get to sleep with Chad's pillow (cuz I think it's way more comfortable than mine but he won't let me have it!). Last night Chad was up at his mom's helping her cut down a tree. Almost every other girl I know would have stayed up reading the third Stephanie Meyer book, but since I'm a nerd I instead stayed up way too late watching Napoleon Dynamite for about the 5th time. I think this entire movie is just as classic and quotable as the Princess Bride, which is a rare category to achieve. So, in case you'd like to relive a few of the amazingly hilarious scenes, here are a few:

Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know I'm training to become a cage fighter.


Napoleon: Can you bring me my chapstick?
Kip: No Napoleon.
Napoleon: But my lips hurt real bad!


Napoleon: Yeah, there's like a buttload of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow-staff.


Napoleon: I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.


Rex: Ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearin' people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it.


Napoleon: I like your sleeves...they're real big.


Pedro: I like her bangs.


Napoleon: Just tell them that their wildest dreams will come true if they vote for you.


Kip: (singing) I love technology,

But I love you more you see,

But I still love technology,

Always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.