10. A vacation from diapers. Chad changed almost all of the diapers during the trip. That was so nice! I love being Jozie's mom, but the hardest thing for me is that moms never get a day off. Even a vacation is really just a change of job location but the job continues. The break from diaper duty was great.
9. West Yellowstone. I think this is a fun place to hang out after a great day in Yellowstone. It's a small place but it's fun to walk around and mingle with the other tourists. I ate some good pizza at Gusher's and loved the cashew chicken at Chinatown (a tasty but pretty dirty place).
8. Pacifiers. Every now and then I'm tempted to wean Jozie off of this little invention, and then we take a road trip. It's hard enough to drive for hours with a little toddler strapped to a car seat; I really can't imagine doing it without a paci.
7. The buffalo. We saw a huge herd of them and some of them crossed the road right in front of us. They know who's boss - they are intimidating.




6. We saw a bear! It was only for a few seconds so we don't have a photo, but it was a black bear and I'm so glad we saw one.
5. Old Faithful's still faithfully erupting about every 90 minutes.


4. Old Faithful Inn. I remembered the lobby of Old Faithful Inn from the last time I was in Yellowstone, which was probably about 20 years ago. It is an amazing sight. I happened to join up with a tour of the hotel, which was really cool and worth the time. The only bad news about the hotel is that their cheapest room is a teeny little postage stamp without a bathroom (showers and toilets are down the hall), and it's $93 a night.

3. Running Bear Pancake House. This place was recommended by a couple people on
TripAdvisor (I love this website!). Great pancakes and great atmosphere!
2. Touring a national park by day and sleeping in a soft bed by night. We originally planned to camp inside the park, but I'm glad we changed our mind. Showering everyday and sleeping comfortably is really great.
1. The Norris Geyser Valley at sunset. This was incredible.



I've got a ton more pictures on facebook so check 'em out. It's a ton easier to upload pictures there.
It looks like you had a ton of fun! I remember that lodge too. Good to know about the rooms though! I would have probably booked the cheap one and then regreted it! I will have to check facebook for more pics!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! And what a great husband. Changing diapers is such a chore when it is done over and over again. I haven't had to change them for almost two years but I will be back to the grind in 4 1/2 months.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a great trip.
ReplyDeleteThose crazy buffalo. Don't they know they are around for our enjoyment and convenience? It vaguely reminds me of a Seinfeld episode involving pigeons . . .
ReplyDelete