Dear Jozie,
Happy birthday! It’s amazing to think that two years have already gone by. I feel really lucky to have been able to spend them with you. This year you’ve turned into a really cute little girl, one with hair long enough for pigtails and legs that are now coordinated enough to run, jump, and climb ladders and slides. You’re a lot of fun to be with almost all of the time, and even when we’re not getting along too well I still love you so much.
Nowadays some of your favorite things to do are to wrap babies up and push them in your doll stroller, play outside in your red and yellow car, play on slides, and see friends. You love going to nursery and have always been really brave and independent about going to new places and meeting new people. You hate wearing pants almost as much as you hate wearing shirts. You’re learning some Spanish and understand a lot of what Daddy tells you in that language. You’re also a really great English speaker with a big vocabulary. It’s fun to talk with you.
Your favorite food is definitely hot dogs / salchichas and you also love apples, pasta, and milk. It’s also great that you still like to eat things like peas, carrots, corn, broccoli, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
Lately you’re really into good manners and are conscientious about saying “thank you” and often remember “please” as well. When you say “thank you” you always make sure I say “you’re welcome.” When I don’t you say it until I do. You’re also always making sure I get a turn for something too, so if you have a bite of something you then say “Mommy’s turn.” It’s very cute.
It’s been fun to play little games with you. Some of your games are “tunnel” (crawling through a blanket that’s been put over my lap), “peek-a-boo,” “repeat” (where I say or sing what you say), jumping on the bed, “driving the car” or “watching T.V.” (we sit in a pile of blankets and either pretend to drive a car or to sit and watch T.V., “Diego” usually), and playing in a cave (hanging out under a sheet). You love to have me sing you songs. Some of your favorites are “Jesus Sunbeam,” “Twinkle Star,” and “Five Monkeys” (“Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed”). You also love to find pictures of Jesus and I love it when you fold your little arms when we pray.
Thanks so much for being in our family! In a few months you’re going to have a little sister around. I’m excited for you to have a sister but will always cherish the time you and I have been able to spend one-on-one. I love you so much.
Love,
Mom, Mama, or Mommy
How fun to write this letter around mother's day! She sounds like a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet--you made me cry! You do have a very special little girl. Tell her happy birthday from us!
ReplyDelete