For several years now, Chad's wanted to attend the Spanish ward. He wants to learn more day-to-day vocabulary and really wants Jozie to learn Spanish well. So, with a calling change for Chad this came up. There's a Spanish ward in our Stake that meets in our same building. We've decided to spend a year as members of the Spanish ward, starting next week. This is going to be an adventure and a challenge. Since Chad wants to do this more than I do (although I'm really looking forward to learning to speak Spanish more comfortably), I made him a deal, and in exchange he's going to take piano lessons for a year. At the end of the year, he'll perform in a piano recital :) and I'll speak in Sacrament meeting in Spanish. I feel like I'm beginning a new mission or something. It's going to be a good experience for us.
I'll be released from my callings, including a calling with the ward choir that just began in May. I'll keep directing the choir for a few months as a new person transitions in. It's been a challenging calling and I've had about a dozen choir-related nightmares, like being out of town when I realized the choir was supposed to perform that day, getting to choir practice and realizing I forgot the music, etc. So far things have gone well, though. We performed an awesome version of "How Firm a Foundation" last week with a cello accompaniment. I was really happy about how it turned out.
I'm going to miss our current ward and hope we'll be able to still come to a lot of the activities so we don't lose touch! It's an awesome ward. Going to activities in Spanish will be really good for me though, and hopefully we'll make some friends there too!
Way to go, guys! Can we come to the recital?
ReplyDeleteWhoh, that's amazing. I'd like to hear that...
ReplyDeletewe'll miss you lots! But it sounds like quite the adventure.
ReplyDelete