Monday, September 7, 2009

A Grateful Day


We went to Tomato Days in Hooper today (our bro in law's dad is in charge of it) and were part of something pretty traumatic, unfortunately. One of the fair's events involves a powered parachute plane flying over the crowd. The plane lost lift and ended up crashing and hitting several people. The plane crashed about 30 feet behind Chad and Jozie (I was much further away but saw it happen). It was scary to be looking for Chad and not be able to find him for a while--I knew I should go to where the hurt people were because Chad would be doing something to help. I have an awesome husband who is always like that (you can see him running toward the crash in the ksl video below). Anyway, I'm so grateful they are ok but feel really bad for the ones who were hurt. Some were little girls just like Jozie and I can't imagine how horrible it would be if something serious were to happen to her. There are a lot of answers we just don't have in this life. I don't know why Chad decided to stop 30 feet away from where he could have stopped. I'm so grateful that he did. I'm also grateful that even though we have no promise that we and our loved ones will make it through this life completely safely (which is scary!), we do know that the gospel of Christ has the power to heal us.

3 comments:

  1. I heard about that on the news--I can't believe you were so close!! Glad you guys are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved you guys are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear your and your family are okay. I heard that story on the news and ached for the families involved. :( Here I thought I was going to be reading a post about Baby Haven.....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.