Saturday, August 28, 2010

Down

Some days don't go so well. Sometimes I get in a funk and it's hard to get myself out. Sometimes it feels like there isn't a good way to explain the problems. I need to remember that the point of the Gospel is to teach us how to make it, not to celebrate everybody's perfection. Sometimes doing the actual "doing" of being a Church member is hard and seems like too much. Sometimes it's hard to have the right attitude about it. Sometimes I feel like I'm busy enough and unsupported. Sometimes I don't know if it's all going to work out. Sometimes I worry that Jozie is never, ever going to be fully potty trained. I feel bad for getting so mad at her for that. Sometimes I get mad at Chad. I know I'm not supposed to focus on how I want him to change and that marriage is such a refiner's fire that it can really perfect me if I'm humble. It's hard to keep trying. The alternative is much worse, and I know that. I think we would all be so much more empathetic towards each other if we truly saw everything, but that's not the way life was set up. I know that the most important thing for me is to be who I'm supposed to be and not worry about everybody/anything else. Sometimes it's hard to find the will and the ability to do that.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%, but I also think you're doing a great job with everything you do. You seem a lot more put-together than I usually am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This too shall pass. And when you are really trying your best.. no one can ask for more. You are a wonderful person who we all can learn a lot from. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. Some days are hard. Opposition in all things. I guess that it makes us appreciate the good days. That's the devil's joy, to see us get down. You really are doing a fantastic job. You are a good wife and mother. Your family couldn't ask for anyone better. Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous huh? That was your mother speaking. However, you do need to know that you are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.