Last August, we left our English ward with the promise that we were coming back in a year. This week we started letting people know we're moving. This'll be pretty nice for us because right now we're in 900 sq. ft. and although we don't absolutely have to move until we have Taylor #3, it'll be great to have some more room. The timing for moving now has worked out really well, except that means never coming back to our original ward. I'm sad about that; it's an awesome ward where I feel like I have so many friends who are in the same phase of life as I am, and where there are lots of awesome examples to learn from. I'm going to miss them!
I don't regret the time we've spent in the Spanish ward. It's felt like a mission, where we were there for a concentrated amount of time to do specific things, and the time has not been wasted. I'll definitely look back on our time there with really fond feelings, especially when I think about getting to sing Primary songs in Spanish and the satisfaction I feel in finally understanding the ward members' testimonies. They have beautiful testimonies.
I'm looking forward to meeting our new ward! I already feel like the few neighbors I've met are my friends. I'm sure this next chapter of our lives will include great experiences and challenges. The experiences that change me the most for the better are always the ones that are the sweetest. The five years we've spent in Rose Park have been very sweet.
I'm glad you had such a positive experience! Did you know Spanish before or was it Portugese?
ReplyDeleteSad. You will be missed. When do we get to see photos of your new place?
ReplyDeletenow there will be no more Jessica's in the 2nd ward. Have fun moving!
ReplyDelete