Friday, October 22, 2010

October 8th

I was blessed with an amazing group of girls to grow up with. We were all in the same ward and went to the same high school. We had lots of good, clean fun and every time I think about growing up with them I smile to myself and get a little teary eyed.




Ten years ago, on October 8th, the first of our friends, Melissa, got married. We were 20. It was a strange new chapter of our lives to entering into.


A few months ago, the last of this group of friends, Ashlie, announced that she was (FINALLY!) getting married. :) It seems like some weird kind of destiny that she happened to pick October 8th, exactly 10 years later. She was the last of our friends to be married in the temple, 6 for 6. I hope with all my heart I can have that same kind of feeling someday when the last of my kids is married in the temple (NOT saying temple marriage is the end-all automatic ticket to happiness, but I do fully believe it's the right thing to do and a huge help).



Ashlie's wedding was beautiful, by far one of the classiest weddings I've ever been to. Hooray for happy endings (or beginnings).

3 comments:

  1. What a great post (even if you put some funny pictures, from the past). I feel the same way, love my friends to death. It is sooo ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I feel really guilty for not making it to the wedding. Thanks for this post. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really amazing. I think friends are really important. They have a ton of influence. Here in a really small town mom's chose if they will be sending their child to kindergarten this year or the next on what other kids are in the class. Because it's the same class they graduate high school with. As mom's we try to make our kids class a good one. I am personally investing in all the kids in the class and we try to help all the boys grow up to be great priesthood holders.

    A little extreme but I hope to help my boys have great tight nit friends like you had.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.