Friday, March 18, 2011

The Week (quinceanera)

I have some free minutes so I thought I'd write about the week. I like posts by other people that are just about normal life instead of always being about exciting things - more like a journal. Anyway, tonight we went to a quinceanera. This is my third one, so I'm starting to feel like I'm pretty cool and well-versed in Hispanic culture. :) Anyway, I felt cool when I could tell the waiters what my English speaking friends needed. This was for our babysitter. She comes over one afternoon a week to play with Jozie and Haven in Spanish while I work in the office. She can walk over from school so it works out really well. She's a great person. I like the idea of the quinceanera. I see it as a celebration of a person's entrance into womanhood. I think it's a cool idea. They always do a waltz and the girl wears a fancy dress. At this one, she did the waltz with her dad (usually it's with a boy her age) and also did bridal-type shots with her dad. I thought that was neat.

Well, free time's done so I guess that's all this post will  be about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.