Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Playing with clay

When I was little I loved to visit my grandma Curtis' house. One of my favorite things to do there was to play with her clay. She had a block of clay that had turned gray from so many years of use (or maybe they used to make it gray?). My brothers, my cousin, Ruth, and I would play for hours. We developed a game where we would make items and then sell them to each other, and we would keep a running total of how much money everybody had from buying and selling. Loved it!

A couple years ago I visited my grandma. My cousins came over too and we "played clay" again. It was great!



Cousin Ruth


This mini cherry pie was my favorite thing to make back in the day.

A couple weeks ago I bought a bucket of clay for Jozie and Haven. I've already taught them about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.