After my sister died (miss her so much), I've worked hard to take to heart Paul's counsel that "all things work together for good to them that love God" (Romans 8:28). I've tried to make as much good come of it in my life as I can. For me it's been the only way to get through it.
The first several weeks were hard and I took them week by week. I've been spending early Tuesday mornings at the temple doing initiatory and have done some extra endowment sessions. The early temple trips get me through the rest of the week. For the first few weeks I would wake up anxious, and leave the temple peaceful. The sacrifice of sleep gives me confidence that God will help me. I've gotten some inspiration at the temple that I've put in place, mostly about how to better help my marriage and little family.
I've focused much more deliberately on my little family. I feel a much greater sense of responsibility for the little kingdom Chad and I lead. I feel much less responsible for spending my time with other pursuits and want to spend the majority of my time with Chad, Jozie, and Haven. They are the most important people in my world and the ones for whom I am most accountable. They are the posterity I will reap when I'm old. I've spent the last several months mulling over a family motto, something to channel us in the right direction and remind me of my vision for us. Chad and I have discussed it and re-discussed it and it's at the printer now. I'll post it later when it's fully official. Between time at the temple and good mentor-like blogs, my vision of what it means to be a wife and a parent is expanding. I'm grateful for that and hope to live up to it.
I've taught with greater power because of my experience with my sister. I'm grateful for a recent call to be in the YW. I LOVE teaching youth. I taught a lesson on dating a couple weeks ago and felt great about it and got a lot of good feedback. I never mentioned Becca's name, but my love for her was woven all through the lesson.
I hope she's okay. I'm grateful for an eternal plan. I'm grateful to know that suffering is temporary and watched over by a loving God.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.