22. I'm glad Haven and I are communicating better these days, although we still have many frustrating moments when I repeat what I thought she said and never get it right. She has some cute vocabulary - "ooh ooh eeh eeh" means "monkey," "apple" means the colors orange or green, and "mahpi" is the combination of "mommy" and "papi" (save time by saying one word instead of two, right?). For a while there she was very insistent that every time she said "thank" I had to say "you're welcome." These days she just takes care of it for me by saying "thank ya muhm" ("thank you you're welcome"). She's also very insistent about kissing boo boos. If she gets bumped even just a little I have to "huck" it ("hug," which actually means "kiss" in this case). And she doesn't go for the thing where I kiss my finger and then touch the spot, and she very rarely accepts a blown kiss to the hurt spot. So yeah, if the bottom of her foot or if her bum is hurt, if I'm not putting my lips on it there are some pretty big protests. It's kind of embarrassing in public.
23. I'm thankful that Jozie and Haven are cuddly and hope we keep at least a lot of that as they get older.
24. I'm thankful for a best friend and great guy to kiss every day.
25. I'm thankful that Haven likes to pray. When I ask who can pray she says "yo" ("me"). Then I start with "Heavenly Father" and she runs with it from there, usually just naming people. First are always "Ry Ry, Kate" (our neighbor friends), repeated a couple times or more, then if she wants to she adds "Papi, Jozie, Mami, Vi Vi (Haven)."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.