Sunday, April 15, 2012

General Conference

I think this was the best General Conference we've had so far with little kids - we're always experimenting. This year we had a "kid room" (watching Conference on the computer in the office) and an "adult room" (watching Conference upstairs in the family room). Chad and I took turns manning the kid room. Jozie, Haven, and I came up with activities we wanted to do ahead of time, so they were looking forward to Conference so they could do the activities. I think the best one was our "Conference Wall," where we put pictures representing various gospel topics. When the girls heard someone teach about something related to that topic, they could put a picture on the page.




Haven with her "Conference Lei" full of fruit snacks


Painting magnet butterflies


Bead art

Some important things I got from Conference were Elder Cook's statement that "Praying with our children may be the most important thing we do" and another person's comment that we need to focus on helping our kids establish their own link to heaven. This has helped me not feel so impatient during prayers together but to slow down and remember how important it is. Pres. Uchtdorff's talk on family relationships (if you're doing anything to hurt your relationships, "stop it") was a great one that I'll be re-studying for sure. I hope to read all the talks. I've given up on reading the rest of the Ensign issues but try to mostly get through the Conference edition every six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.