I've got some places I'd like to take the kids to this summer, and one of them was the local landfill. I've been wanting to see what it looks like and learn more about it, and maybe the kids were just my excuse for going. :) I got a group of other people who were interested too and we set up a tour - they're awesome over there because they'll totally give you a tour anytime, even for a very small group. It was good to get some questions answered about recycling (and now I can email the girl who gave us a tour anytime I have a question about what can or can't be recycled). Seeing the landfill was good - I feel more conscious about our trash when I know exactly where it's going. Out west of here we've just got hills and hills of garbage which are compacted by big tractors and then built on top of the old hills. Hope we don't someday run out of space (like in Wall-E right?).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.