I'm recording our potty training adventures this time around because I think it's gone pretty well and I want to remember for next time! I'm sure potty training the second kid is almost always better than the first because the second one watches the first one for a long time before and wants to be like them. Haven got lots of prep before we got serious about it.
I didn't start potty training Haven until she was 3 (I always put it off for a long time because I hate it). I bought lots of regular underwear (Dora) and lots of "big underwear" (training pants) so I wouldn't have to wash clothes all the time. Then I put an extra long, thin pantyliner in the Dora underwear and Haven put that on and then a big underwear on top, and then her pants. I think I prefer potty training when it isn't summer, because the pants collect some of the pee too and we're not going out places to play/explore as often. The pantyliner is awesome. It collects a little bit of pee but not much, so Haven still has a problem when she pees her pants. When she poops, I just pull that little baby off and throw it in a grocery sack and don't have to deal with a bunch of poop all over her underwear. It's awesome.
When Haven had an accident she did almost all of the cleanup herself, which I think was motivating to learn how to not have accidents. She got a fruit snack when she peed and also got to put a sticker on a chart for a good prize (a My Little Pony DVD!). Within a couple weeks we figured out that Haven's got a pretty good pee schedule - as long as you have her check for pee about every three hours she'll go pee and won't have an accident. She's been doing great with that - she has yet to voluntarily go pee on her own though.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.