Sunday, February 10, 2013

January Goals

My posts are always a bit outdated, but I wanted to record our January goal-making. Our January FHE topic is called "We are proactive." I enjoy teaching the girls what proactive means and why it's important to consciously decide what we want to do and then do it!

In January I created my first "magic goals poster" (that's what we're calling them). It's a bunch of pictures representing my goals that are taped inside a frame. I love it. One thing I love so much about this type of goal-making is that the sky's the limit!! I just identified things that are important to me or images that represent the kind of person I want to be. I didn't worry about if I thought I could really do those things or not, I just identified that that is what I want! And now I get to look at those images all the time and feel that yes, I am like that, or feel excited about how much I want to accomplish that thing. I also like that the images have become symbols to me. They are private because other people don't know what a lot of those images represent, but they stay easily in my mind because they are associated with things I feel inside about what I really want. Anyway, there's my synopsis of why I like this. :)

This is my magic goal poster:


I helped Jozie and Haven create their own too. This was awesome because I didn't prod them about what goals they wanted - they just told me what they wanted, I brought up images for them via google, and they picked them. They were influenced by some of my images as well as each others', but a lot of it still came out of their heads. Their pictures are now on the wall by where they play. I'm going to record a lot of their goals here so they'll know what they were when they're grown up.

Jozie:






Flowers: give flowers to her friends
Heart with kids and kids with balloons: sharing with others
Girls in snow: playing in the snow
Bananas: eating healthy food
Ring: have a pretty ring when she grows up
Pic under ring: give presents to Haven
Roses: give flowers to her mom
Jesus: be like Jesus
Girl with braid: learn how to do braids in her sisters' hair
Minnie: go to Disneyland
Pic of her and Haven: play nicely with Haven
Girl with pink dress: have a smart kid when she gets older
Boy with train: let other kids pick what to play
Easter eggs: hide easter eggs for her sisters

Haven:


Pic of her and Jozie: share and play nicely
Bears: share
Snow: play in snow
Girl at the piano: learn how to play the piano
Bananas: eat healthy food
Minnie: go to Minnie's house (this is a huge goal of Haven's)
Girl with guitar: learn how to play the guitar
Kids in heart: share
Girl with pink dress: get baptized
Kids with balloons: share (Haven is big on learning how to share)
Jesus: be like Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.