We're still working on getting organized...here's August stuff I missed last time!
One big thing - we bought a car! It is CHARTREUSE!
We've since put a nice coating of dust on it that has softened the green even more. Someday maybe we'll figure out how to get our car washed. Our new car is officially named Princess Chary the Party Car. I decided to name her Chary because of her color. Jozie told me that was boring and that the name should have a princess in it. The model of this car (by Nissan) is "Lafesta," which sounds like a Spanish/Portuguese mix of The (Spanish "la") Party (Portuguese "festa"). So there ya go.
I was intimidated by the idea of learning to drive on the other side of the street. Before going out with the kids I did some 5:00 practice drives. Here's a pic of one of them:
I'm glad I could do that and be out when hardly anybody else was so I could get used to the oppositeness of it as well as all the roundabouts they have here instead of the stoplighted intersections I'm used to. Here's a nice sunrise from one of those drives:
Wow right? That's actually from the roof above our house - I came up there early after a drive once because the sunrise was so spectacular.
A few more random things - this is a fun piece of instructions on how to use one of the air conditioners in our house:
There's no such thing as central air here. Everyone has air conditioners for individual bedrooms and the living room.
Haven's starting to draw recognizable things, which is exciting. This is a bird:
She also copied the letters for Jozie's name for the first time (Jozie wrote the "Haven"):
And I may have posted this already, but here's a picture from one of my Saturday morning runs:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.