Running here is absolutely awesome. You can run in super lush mountains or along the beach, or do both in one run! Every time I run I discover something amazing.
The first set of pictures are from a run between an area called Cheoc Van and then back along the side of the mountain that looks on Coloane Village.
Access to the trails always starts with hundreds of steep steps (this is just one part).
Picnic tables and seats that are starting to be covered up by landslides (they look like little mushrooms):
More cool (steep) steps:
These lookout points are scattered throughout the trails:
Here's Coloane Village on this side of the water. The buildings on the other side are in mainland China. We have to get a Visa to go there.
These steps are part of the caminho antiguo (old trail) going back to our apartment:
The trailhead:
The apartment complex we're in is across the street from the trailhead:
These are some cool shops I ran into on a run in Coloane Village:
On my last run I went up a hill to Coloane Peak and ran into this:
The A-Ma Temple. I'd heard of it but didn't know where it was. It's exquisite!
Look at this carved detail:
Look at this color!
The columns were completely carved:
This is what's inside the temple:
This is in another section:
Money in hands:
It's really an amazing place. It's interesting that quality varies so much here. Some places are made and maintained very poorly but this place was amazing and super clean. I guess it depends on who's in charge. I'm glad someone is taking very good care of this area because it's really a treasure!
Reading your blog is one step better than going there for real, it's a wee bit cheaper and educational. Thank you.
ReplyDelete