Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Panda Park

There's a cool park/zoo really close to our house here. It has a couple of pandas and also has birds and monkeys. You only pay to see the pandas, and even that is extremely cheap. And the construction and upkeep of the place is high quality. I really enjoyed getting to visit!

We went with our good friends Alicia (7) and Aiden (3) and their aunt, Delia. Their aunt is here working as their caregiver while both of their parents work full-time jobs, and she has kids and a husband in the Philippines. Oh how blessed I am to be right with my family all the time.

I wasn't sure about parking so we took the bus together. Here are the kids at the bus stop. The girls LOVE Alicia.


Here are the three girls crammed into the bus together:


There are a couple of fun playgrounds at the Panda Park:


The kids are playing with a bucket that you could pull up and down on a chain:


We went into an aviary section and there was a pretty bird who had somehow gotten out of the caged area. Delia was like a bird whisperer for this fellow. She really got it to love her.


Jozie has been asking for a pet bird for months and she loved hanging out with this one. Sadly we haven't been able to find any pet birds in Macau and it's very likely they aren't sold here.


Here are some monkeys :)






All the cute kids together:


Claire with her usual following of paparazzi:


Trying to escape:


More:


It never ends:


Here's one of the two pandas:



This place has the first changing table I've seen in Macau. It has its own room and deserved a picture:


Before leaving we got some ice cream. Jozie and I (and Claire) tried a banana pop, which was chocolate ice cream inside surrounded by yellow jello. It was good!


What a great day!


P.S. When we went home we crammed onto a bus (seriously crammed - no more people could have fit). In spite of how crowded we all were people still managed to get their phones out for pictures of Claire...





1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much I enjoy your blog. I could relate to so much of it. The good thing about the play parks was that they are so clean. No sand or grass to get the girls dirty. I'm glad you are taking pics of the restaurants. You will enjoy the pictures of the food more in a few years. We Americans are just too darn spoiled. You are lucky to have this experience.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.