I'm really into family traditions and don't want to let ours go while we're here, so in spite of being able to count the Americans we know here on one hand, we held Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving was just another school and work day, so we did it on a Sunday before church (since we don't leave for church until about 4:00).
Dinner was yummy!
Dinner prep took all our counter space:
I made my own pie crust for the first time in years because I couldn't find any ready-made. The crust shrunk and got too thick in the oven - I need more practice.
Nonetheless the pumpkin pie turned out delish!
We filled out our annual "Thankful pages." This picture is horrible but you get the idea.
After lunch Chad took a nap and the girls proceeded to cover him with tons of blankets, mats, and boxes. They thought it was hilarious!
A couple weeks before we made our traditional Thanksgiving tree and filled it with things we're thankful for.
I love this tradition.
Haven wrote "Joz" by herself. I love it when the girls are thankful for each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.