Sunday, January 19, 2014

December Stuff

Interesting stuff from December...

This is the view from Chad's office window:



Some cute pictures of Chad and Claire when they were hanging out at the park across the street from the church:



Chad put the canoe out to sea! We all went out as well in January so I'll post those pics later. It was a bit spooky to be on the ocean in something as tipsy as a canoe, even with very gentle waves.


I got yet another parking ticket. We've paid about four now since we got a car and they're 40-50 bucks a ticket. This one was particularly infuriating because for just a couple weeks they sent police officers over to school areas to ticket parents who leave their cars temporarily while they're picking their kids up from school. It's in an area off the main road so there's no traffic concern. Anyway...


I thought I'd take a couple pictures of the main grocery store we shop at. It's great because it delivers groceries to your door (a lifesaver!). But, the store makes me feel claustrophobic, has an area with stairs so you can't bring your cart to that part, and has super small carts (I fill up 2-3 per trip). But everybody's super nice and it's still a great option for Macau. Lately Haven loves doing everything she can - she puts up the food, puts in the code for our debit card, and signs the receipt. My signature's pretty scribbly anyway. :) 

FYI there's something wrong with my phone camera, darn it, so the lighting is always messed up and fuzzy now.



We passed this on our way to church one day. These were enormous moveable puppets!!


Chad taught the girls that you can squirt whipped cream straight into your mouth. Yep he's their hero.


I love watching Haven on her bike. She's so determined to keep up with the older kids that she's learned to ride it at lightning speed.


I caught Chad teaching the girls advanced math. Looks like Haven doesn't know what to think about that.


Cuties.


And another cutie.




1 comment:

  1. So fun! I would be scared in the canoe too! My good friend is moving to china in a few weeks to teach English. She said it was close to Shanghai. Just curious if you were close to Shanghai. I will have to tell you are in Macau. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.