Sunday, February 23, 2014

Last Day at Sam Yuk

We decided that at the end of the semester, Jozie would start going to TIS (The International School of Macau) instead of Sam Yuk (pronounced "Sam Yook"). It's been good from a cultural/experience standpoint but long-term TIS is where we feel more comfortable. It's a great school with a Canadian based education and a focus on creativity and outside play, along with normal school stuff like reading.

Jozie's last day at Sam Yuk was right before the Chinese New Year break at the end of January. They had a "fitness fun day" that day with performances by each grade in the Primary section.

Jozie's class did the Chicken Dance.


Here are Jozie and the sisters in her classroom. Jozie was really proud of her 1st place medal.


Here's Jozie and her teacher, Ms. Laynie:






Here's the job chart for Jozie and her classmates (she's on the right):


Ms. Laynie had everyone make Jozie sweet cards. I love that kids here aren't afraid to be loving, even the boys. I'm really proud of Jozie for adjusting to all day school in a new country. She made friends with her classmates so well and I know they'll miss her. I love that she's so good at making friends!




Jeily was one of Jozie's best friends here. She's from Panama!


Now Jozie's on to TIS. I think she looks fabulous in her new uniform. :) She lost her tooth over the break so that's why she's pointing at her mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.