Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mayyyyy

I can't let life speed on by without at least attempting some documentation, so here's my stab at May!

May means rainy season is back and we got some good rainstorms! They cancel school around here when it's raining hard. Jozie and her friends got this day off due to rain:


This area is directly under the apartments we live in. We have some major drainage problems, which creates fun puddles.

There was a concert on the beach so we walked down to check it out (Haven's got a scoop of black sand).



Part of why Jozie's school is such a Macau oasis is that it has grass with sprinklers. We've had a blast with these a couple times after school.



In May we moved about 20 feet away, from the middle apartment pictured here...



...to here. We're now in an apartment with more space. It's a lot nicer.


Isn't our new door cool?


Lucky Haven got to visit the "Daddy spa" one day. Note the standard boxed milk in the background.


The flowers bloomed!



We played in parks!


Jozie learned to swim!


We did science experiments off the internet.


The girls got into funky hair.


I enjoyed this beautiful scene by finally starting to run regularly again. It feels nice to be doing that again.


Chad and I saw our first ever boxing match. It was anthropologically interesting to me. Don't know what else to say. I'd go again.



The girls got more in charge of Saturday chores. So far Claire is by far the most excited. The rest are coming along...



Each girl age 4 and above puts a checkmark in a box for each Saturday they complete all their work. On the last Saturday of the month they get paid. Since it's in MOP, it's 8 times what they were used to making before we came to Macau. :)

We came home from Church one Sunday night soon after moving to our new apt and were greeted by this freaky fellow. We permethrined the heck out all our drains and inlets and haven't seen anything since. Crossing our fingers. How grateful I am at the moment for permethrin and deet (lots of mosquitoes here too).


We've been practicing handwriting in exchange for M&Ms.


We facetimed our new neighbors.


Chad put his phone up by the birdies and called my phone so we could check them out. They're still up there and growing fine.



I pretty much missed Mother's Day due to my time zone hop from the U.S. back to Macau, but I still loved getting this card when I got back. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Haven is becoming so beautiful. Chad, it's obvious that Haven adores you. But then I would too if you gave me a pedicure. I see your stove top have doubled in size. What a brown wood door, are you just dying to paint it white? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting. :) Hope things are good in Hungary!

      Delete
    2. What? Please clarify. You are Facetiming with some baby bird? Hum. What kind of birds are they? Are they still there or have they left the coop?

      Delete
    3. They're still there. Getting big though!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.