Thursday, December 4, 2014

Hengqin, China

Just across the river from us is Hengqin, China. It's a brand new area (used to be water) and basically holds an enormous hotel, an aquarium/amusement park, and a circus. We had a great time exploring it during a holiday in October. We started out aiming for the aquarium but since it was a holiday it was SO crowded (and it was also SO hot) that we promised to come back another day and found something else to do.

We wandered over to the enormous hotel and found a lovely little surprise - soft grass! We all sat down and tried to take a family selfie:





Then we found a great buffet restaurant. It will forever be revered by Haven and Jozie because it had !Cotton Candy! and !Jellybeans!


I enjoyed getting to try Durian ice cream, though I'll never make that mistake again!



After our great meal we went to the circus!

I was sure to be conscious for my inspection :)





It was super fun to get to explore this new area. Also, I don't think we met another "Westerner" the entire day! We are definitely in the small minority once you cross the border, even more than in Macau!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.