Monday, January 12, 2015
Ocean Kingdom
A while back I wrote about our would-be visit to Ocean Kingdom, but it was SUPER crowded and hot so we visited the circus instead. Well, we went back on a November weekday and it was so much better! There was tons of open space and nearly NO lines at all! What a great day to be at a theme park.
Ocean Kingdom is a neat mix between a huge aquarium and an amusement park. We had a terrific time checking out all the animals and scaring Jozie and Haven on the biggest roller coaster they've been on yet (didn't mean to, but it turned out to be a big one!!).
Here are the girls on the shuttle bus between the Macau and China borders - I could never get tired of looking at these smilies:
The entrance to the park includes an ENORMOUS lcd screen as an outdoor ceiling. It's very impressive.
Chad snapped this pic of Jozie before they took off on the roller coaster, which included a HUGE drop at the end, like an adult-sized Splash Mountain. Claire and I missed it unfortunately:
This cute penguin was really interested in hanging out with the visitors:
So was this one:
This HUGE whale houses a HUGE aquarium inside - we can see this from where we live, across the water!
Inside this big aquarium were three whales which they fed with rafts:
The ride in the background here was amazing. The track was above the passengers (so feet dangling) and we felt like birds! And, no line!
Of course, Claire couldn't escape the paparazzi, even on a slow day:
These were garden eels, which I had never seen before. They were so intriguing I had to go home and look them up on wikipedia. Totally weird creatures!
We loved the stingrays, especially the ones we could pet:
The girls and I loved this ride that was mixed up with an aquarium. Since there were no lines, we went twice!
It was a great day for us - thanks Ocean Kingdom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is Ocean Kingdom in Hong Kong or in China? It is hust amazine. Imagine petting a stingray.
ReplyDelete