Saturday, June 27, 2015

Hong Kong with Rachel

We were lucky to have my cousin Rachel with us for almost two weeks. In the middle of her stay (and while Chad was in Hungary) we got to show her around Hong Kong. It was great!

We took a ferry straight from Macau to Kowloon (north of Central Hong Kong). Macau often has very long holidays (like 2-5 days at a time) and I didn't realize that it was still a holiday when we headed to Hong Kong. The ferry was very crowded! We ended up having to buy first class tickets and wait at the terminal for a long time! We had fun while we waited though and found random kids to play "Duck Duck Goose" and "Red Light Green Light" with.


Jozie and Rachel in fancy first class seats on the upper floor.
This time around we stayed at the Metropark Hotel in Kowloon. It had clean, large-enough rooms and a swimming pool on the roof. The price was good and it was my favorite hotel in Hong Kong so far, by far.

On our first day in Hong Kong, we took the Star Ferry over to Central and then explored Victoria Peak. It was so lovely! The Star Ferry is an awesome boat from the turn of the century.


We loved our walk around Victoria Peak!


This is an amazingly huge rubber tree from India
And the view!




After our walk we ate at a nice restaurant - while waiting we had to explain this contraption that was on the lobby wall. Yep.


After lunch we took a backwards train ride straight (and I mean straight) down a very steep hill. It was exhilarating! This is Jozie smiling before she realized how spooky the ride was (or wait was that me?):


We then headed for the ferris wheel



and a double decker bus:


The next day, we went to Disneyland! Rachel's first time!

Hong Kong Disney is a small version of CA's, but I still love it. :)

Some of us look really alike in this pic - go Curtis genes!

I loved these army guys!
The Jungle Cruise!
Teacups! Also, it was FREEZING, so we bought some random Disney coats.
That evening we hung out by the "It's a Small World" clock tower, ate amazing sundaes, and enjoyed Zen.



Night parade!



1 comment:

  1. Yah, I know about the game green light red lught. It is like the game mother may I. I also know about the contraption on the restaurant wall. Oh how I hated a phone number that ended in 9 or 0. I bet Rachel had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.