Sunday, November 29, 2015

Lasik and a HK date with Haven


Lasik in Hong Kong is half the price of Lasik in Utah, so I squeezed that in before we moved. I took Haven with me and it was nice to have her company. She was super great about waiting at my appointments and hanging out with her semi-blind mother.

The procedure itself was numbingly frightening for me - I've always been sensitive about my eyes so having someone move my corneas around while I stared at flashing lights was scarier than childbirth. :) Good thing it didn't last long. The night of the surgery was rather hilarious. I had to wear raccoonish eye shields and could barely see. We took a taxi to the address of our hotel and it turned out that the hotel was inside a shopping center and on a floor that only half of the elevators served. Gotta love Hong Kong and its weird architecture.

Our hotel was inside this building:


We went out to the Spaghetti House that night, weird eyes and all, and then visited the Science Museum the next day.


Raccoon eyes:


Fun with mirrors at the Science Museum:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.