Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Creamy Rice Pudding












I promise only to post recipes on this blog that I have actually tried, that are easy, and that are super good. This is one of them. I found it at allrecipes.com and it got 4.5 stars and has 1,198 reviews so you've got to figure it's a good one. I've made it several times now and I love it every time! Here it is:

PREP TIME 25 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 45 Min

4 servings (I've always doubled it)

INGREDIENTS

  • 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
  • 2 cups milk, divided
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2/3 cup golden raisins (I use much less than this)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.
It is much better warm than cold, so I'd microwave it if you need to. Hope you love it as much as I do!!

1 comment:

  1. I love rice pudding, so thank you for a great recipe! And I completely agree with you about sharing recipes that you have actually made...tried and true!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.