Friday, May 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's Thankful Thursday time again (Friday is really a much better day for me to blog). Today I feel like I have so many things to be thankful for - I think that's because the sun is shining and it's actually warm (!!!!!) and we're going out of town this weekend (to hang out with red dirt and cows - I am so excited).

1. I'm thankful for great holidays like mother's day. I'm thankful for my mother. I'm thankful to be a wife and a mother. Mother's day is extra special now because last year my water broke on mother's day (yes, in church) and the next day I became a mother. This year Chad bought me two dozen roses. Aren't they beautiful?

2. I'm thankful for Jozie. She sure has changed our lives, which are busier now. Looking back over the last year, I find that my heart has softened a lot after becoming a mother. I feel more empathy for others now because each person is some mother's child. I can't believe how much I love Jozie and it scares me that she will probably have to face challenges and disappointments, as we all do, and that I'm going to have to watch that happen. It makes me realize how much God endures when He, in His absolutely perfect wisdom, let's us struggle.


3. I'm thankful for flip flops and that they're fully back in season!! I hate wearing socks all day. My feet like to roam free, so it's barefoot or flip flops for me until late fall!

1 comment:

  1. I too love bare feet. I swept all the sidewalks up my street yesterday, just so I didn't have to find shoes when I go out to get me boys. I am a little extreme.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.