Since I'm still making up my mind about who to vote for, I'd like some help. This may be opening a can of worms, but I'd love to read any comments you have about why you are voting for the person of your choice. What I want to hear: statements about policies, plans, real issues concerning the person you're voting for. I don't want to hear statements about why you're not voting for the other one. Make sense? Thanks!!
And, in case this helps anyone else in my boat, I've found this website, ontheissues.org, to be pretty helpful as far as listing real things that each candidate for president and vice president has said about several different categories (like foreign policy, abortion, Social Security, immigration, etc.).
I really don't like either presidential candidate, so I feel like it comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils. There's a good chance the next president will have an opportunity to appoint one or more Supreme Court justices. I've decided to vote based on what kind of justices I want appointed. I'm really conservative so I figure I should vote for McCain since he will appoint more conservative justices. Good luck with your decision.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel...it's so hard trying to decide. I thought I had decided for sure on McCain...but the more I hear him talk and more I learn about him, I don't really love him as much any more. But I agree on more issues with him than Obama. I think McCain will do a better job getting the whole economy back on track with all the financial issues...but I don't really love Sarah Palin very much either. I just wish Mitt Romney were up there instead! It's so hard! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWhile I don't particularly like either candidate, this country will move more towards socialism under Obama. The federal government is already far too involved in issues that it has no business being involved in. The government's job is to guarantee equal rights, not equal stuff. We're so far from the founding father's original intent that it is sad (see Cleon Skousen's National Center for Constitutional Studies). Sorry to rant, just my two cents.
ReplyDeleteI agree with bryn&reuko. I would like to tell people I'm voting for Obama and secretly vote for McCain. Because Obama is Big Government and I hate that.
ReplyDeleteCrystalyn - why would you tell people you're voting for Obama if you prefer McCain? I don't understand and would love to hear why!
ReplyDeletesince most of you here are conservative, i'm interested in your answers to my questions here: http://mrsfranti.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-dear-conservative-friends.html
ReplyDelete