Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's thankful Thursday time, it's Christmas, and we just celebrated our anniversary, so I'm feeling especially thankful today.

1. I'm thankful to have been blessed with four wonderful years with Chad for a husband. He is my best friend and a huge example to me in so many ways. Looking back, I don't think I had any idea what marriage was about and I feel really lucky that I married Chad. I've learned a lot from him and with him. I'm so thankful to be able to look forward to spending eternity with him.

2. I'm thankful for the plan of salvation. I'm thankful that Jesus is so obedient and faithful. I'm thankful that He came through for us and didn't let us down. I'm thankful for the example of His meekness, His service, His work, His kindness, His patience, His love for God and for us. I'm thankful for the scriptures so I can learn more about Him and feel the Spirit.

3. I'm thankful for my parents, brothers and sisters, and in-laws (and almost in-law!). We all got together last night (minus the ones in Texas who we miss very much). I'm thankful that we're growing up and adding in-laws to the family -- they add so much to our family. I'm thankful that we're having more and more fun together as we get older. I'm thankful that we're all on the same page with the gospel and trying to live it -- that is so uniting and strengthening to me. I'm thankful that my dad is still here to be with us.

4. I'm thankful for Christmas. I'm thankful for the help in remembering Christ's birth more often. I'm thankful for the Christmas songs. I'm thankful that Christmas encourages my family to all get together and read aloud about Christ's birth. I'm thankful to shop for and give away presents and to get presents. I'm thankful that Christmas makes the month of December great, even if it's cold and snowy (we need to invent something similar for January and February).

I think it's time now to go make some breakfast and wake up Jozie so we can teach her about Christmas morning!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. 4 years! well crap! that meens i have been here 4 years. ugh! i was comfortable with telling people i only spent 3 years in utah. and now i can automaticly just add 2 and make it 6 years here. i've got to start enjoying the utah wilderness more so i dont feel like it has been so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background and very nice Thankful Thursday thoughts. Wish we could of spent the holidays with ya'll....maybe some year we'll get it together.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.