It feels like it's been FOREVER since I last posted. Here's a review of the last few weeks:
Christmas was a lot of fun. It's been so fun to have a toddler to spend Halloween and Christmas with (not that Chad isn't tons of fun, but I'm sure you know what I mean). Jozie didn't anticipate Christmas much, since she didn't know much about what it was about, but it was fun to get her little gifts and see her enjoy them. We spent Christmas day with my family after opening our gifts at home that morning. By the time we were ready to visit my parents in the south end of the valley, it had snowed half a foot in their neighborhood. We were the first ones to drive down their street and we got stuck several times. We finally ended up shoveling our way to their driveway (about 25 feet). That afternoon a few of us went sledding on the perfect sledding hill - very steep and very long.


That weekend, Jozie and I visited
my grandma in central Utah, along with most of my family. I had a blast hanging out with my siblings and in-laws. And my grandma made her famous Peas and Potato soup. I came home and made it this week for the first time. The recipe is simple: 2 bags of petite frozen peas, 5 potatoes cut in small pieces and cooked until soft, 1-2 Tbsp. butter, milk, and salt and pepper. We've been eating this soup at my grandma's since before I can remember.

We also played some great games of bowling. Well, my games weren't "great," but they were fun.


Here are some more pics:




On Monday we saw the "Zoo Lights" at Hogle Zoo, thanks to our friends who gave us tickets. Since Jozie's never been to the zoo before we were way more interested in showing her new animals than seeing the lights.



New Year's worked out really well - Jozie went to bed right before our guests came over and she didn't wake up at all despite all the racket we made. We hung out with my sister, Becca, her boyfriend, Berto, my brother, Bryan, and their friend, Darcy (the little sister of one of my best friends). We were kind of amazed that these young single people would want to hang out with us old married people, but hopefully it wasn't too lame for them. We played a silly game of "Curses" and some Super Mario 3 and ate lots of stuff dipped in chocolate.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's. I'm looking forward to 2009!
Yes! Peas and Potatoes! I'm very excited. Super fun to see you, Jozie and the fam. Happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys had a nice Christmas! I'm going to try your soup--sounds yummy!
ReplyDeletecute! I think that is the same 'Little Mommy' doll that I gave Malia for her 1st birthday. Of course, now she's really into barbies instead...but she loved that thing for years!
ReplyDelete