What I like most about biking, besides the killer thighs I ought to be developing, is the opportunity for adventure. On New Year's day we went south on the Jordan River Trail and ran into a train yard. Since nobody was around on New Year's we got to poke around, which is my absolutely favorite thing - I am fascinated with checking out old or abandoned stuff. We looked in all the windows of the old fashioned train switch building thing (don't really know, but they had some maps and schedules and stuff). And then, we came upon these beautiful cars:
We went biking yesterday and came across an old man fishing the Jordan River. He reminded me of my grandpa with his fishing box and tub full of worms. We chilled with him for a while and learned about what kinds of fish you can catch in the Jordan River (trout, catfish, suckers, carp, etc.). Then we checked out random little neighborhoods in the area. I never knew there were trailer home neighborhoods you were only allowed to move into if you were over 50. It was kind of cool, like a retirement home with your own yard.
The last two times we've gone on these adventures Jozie has slept the entire time. I don't know how she does that, cuz we're not always good at staying on a trail and there's still lots of slush on the ground.
Goofing around on bikes and exploring the neighborhood reminds me of when I was a kid. I grew up surrounded by empty fields and my brothers and I would take off "exploring" - really fond memories.
I think I'm liking this biking thing so much that sometime I'll trade in my rusty old bike for a nice one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.