Sunday, May 31, 2009

Birthdaymania

We got to celebrate Jozie's birthday a few times in these last couple of weeks - first, with her grandpa (with whom she shares a birthday); next, we had a simple little party at home on her birthday; and last, with her Taylor side. She loves to hear the birthday song, so it was great for her to get to hear it several times!

We decided on two candles for Jozie and two for Grandpa; I'm really not sure why. And I don't know why I thought I'd cut the cake first either. After the festivities we randomly decided to play truth or dare. How funny is that? It had been a long time since I'd played that game. I considered posting some videos but the risk of them getting copied around the Internet is just too great, so sorry (too embarrassing).

Jozie got some sidewalk chalk on her birthday and we've had a lot of fun drawing on the back patio.

Last Saturday we had a BBQ at our house mixed with a little birthday fun.

Chad did his best to teach Jozie to blow out the candles.

Jozie got a whole pack of bubbles for her birthday. Everybody, including the boys, had a lot of fun with them.

We also had a lot of fun playing with a new T-ball set. This has been a great game for Jozie. Her favorite part is running to get the ball after someone has hit it.

Our plan for that night was to sleep out in the backyard. There was a 35% chance of rain and unfortunately it poured!! We scrambled to get tents up (we wanted to sleep under the stars). We had a great time sitting around the fire before the rain started.

The next morning Chad and I made breakfast for lots of people. I was pretty proud of us for accomplishing that in our tight kitchen. It was a fun but busy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys went all out this year! I'm glad you had fun. I hope Jackson's goes just as well this Saturday.

    ~~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great weekend. See you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.