My official due date is two months from tomorrow. This morning as I sat reading the Ensign I could feel the baby kicking against my ribs and thought I'd like to write some things down this morning.
"The baby" has rarely been called that by me - she's always been Haven. When people ask where I heard of that name I can't really tell them. I believe that a year or more ago I was doing genealogy for somebody and saw the name as part of a town. For some reason the name really struck me as something I like. I've since heard of one other person with the name. Chad has been a good sport and been easygoing about me taking over in the name department. So, I'm pretty sure her name will be Haven. We're still deciding on a middle name (suggestions?).
Expecting a second baby is different than the first. I know a lot more about what to expect. I have less time and less need to do as much research on pregnancy and birth as I did the first time. I have a lot more confidence that things will go smoothly and that I'll be able to give birth well. I hear each time is different and to be flexible, so I'll try to do that.
I'm nervous about being the mom of two children. I hope to be able to encourage Jozie to grow from this - to encourage her to help, to share, to be patient. I hope to be able to show each of my girls the love they need and to be a mom to each individual with each individual's needs. I grew up as the oldest child, so I'm afraid of not being keyed into what a second child needs. I know I'll have help to understand and to see needs.
I'm excited to meet little Haven and to get to know her!
How about Haven Marie, after you? Oh wait, is that Jozie's middle name, I can't remember.
ReplyDeleteThose are some good thoughts and your worries about time, ability, and knowing what each child will need is close to my heart. I really try hard to do it right. You will be great.
ReplyDelete