Today is our five year anniversary. The time sure has gone by fast! Getting married was one of those leaps we take, where we want to go ahead and take this big step and we feel good about it, but we sure don't know what's really going to be on the other side once we step through that door. Kind of a big chance to take, but luckily Chad's amazing in so many ways and is of course my best friend.Some of my best memories of 2009 with Chad are:
* Getting into biking and being able to explore our neighborhood and other places. Chad extended our bike trailer so we can take Haven too.
* Going to St. George for a few days while Chad worked at the hospitals there. Our bike ride along the temple quarry trail was memorable. No matter what people say online, it is NOT a kid-friendly trail. And even though we're in our 30s now, Chad is still HOT.
* Sleeping out. We experimented with this, carrying out our queen-sized mattress to sleep on or using our air mattress. Sleeping in the backyard is romantic and memorable.
* Attending the Spanish ward. Chad spearheaded this, and even though it's hard for me, I'm glad we're doing this as a family.
* This isn't a good memory, but the ultralight plane crash we were part of on Labor Day was scary and made me appreciate my little family even more. It also reminded me of what a helpful person I'm married to.
* Haven's birth, of course. I have a great birth partner, and even though the newborn phase stresses Chad out I'm always thankful for his help and support.* It's nice to have Chad with me while I work through my dad's death. I'm glad he was here to hug me when I found out and have appreciated his expressions of love.
Thanks for everything, honey. I hope you don't mind this public display of affection :)
Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteAaaawwww! How precious!
ReplyDelete