Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sold: Computer Desk

I sold this desk today for $15. It was the first desk I ever owned - I found it in a back shed behind the duplex Chad and I lived in when we first got married. Other furniture items we had then were similarly acquired - a brown old couch from my parents, a $5 coffee table from DI (that and the couch worked for dining), a brown 70s style dresser with missing knobs (I also used this dresser when I was 12).

This computer desk didn't fit through the office door of our new house, and it seemed like a good time to upgrade anyway. Selling it makes me kind of sad, though. We own only two other pieces of furniture from those early days - Chad's desk (which we'll have until we move into a rest home) and our mattress.

Picturing our first apartment and the simple things in it always makes me feel nostalgic, since they're tied to good memories. Although our first year of marriage wasn't all roses (a lot of it was), thinking back on it, it feels that way to me, and it's the sweet memories that stick. That seems to be the way life works. Right now I'm remembering how sweet each moment is. Jozie just tried on her princess Halloween costume. She wears a princess dress nearly every day, so this isn't much of a jump for her. She likes to wear shiny things and talk in a "princess voice." It's just very cute and sweet and I'm feeling grateful that I'll have these sweet memories of her as a little girl. I'm blessed to spend every day with Chad, Jozie, and Haven - some of my very favorite people in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.