Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life


 Today I'm feeling especially grateful for the gift of mortal life. It's so wonderful that we can be born, go through childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and even old age. I was blessed with parents who took good care of me and helped me enjoy childhood and growing up. They taught me important things about having a spiritual perspective, being responsible in school, working, and learning new things and having new experiences. My childhood memories are really special and so much of that is due to my good parents.

Today is the year mark of my dad's death. It's comforting to think that especially on this day, we are thinking of him and he is likely thinking of us. I pray for him a lot and hope he's happy and not lonely. I hope he has found friends and family to be with. I hope that he's been given assignments that are fulfilling.

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture. I'm thinking about you and hoping you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about your dad recently, too. {& mine} He gets to be with his Mama this Christmas. {I've thought a lot about her too, wondering what she is like.}

    Thanks for your Christmas card! I'm afraid another year will come and go without deliverance of ours. Maybe someday...

    And maybe someday the Dalleys will get together? Austin's very nearly unaware that he has two branches on his family tree. :(

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.