Seems like I haven't posted in a while! We're finishing up a very nice Saturday night and I thought I'd write an update. We're outside in the backyard, the coals in our firepit are burning down, and we've finished up what we can stand of hot dogs and li'l smokies (it's a love/hate relationship). I love summer!!! Chad and Jozie are laying out a tarp so we can sleep outside.
Haven learned how to say "up" today. I've been teaching her that word so she could stop whining/crying when she wants me to pick her up. I'm very excited that she's started saying it! Haven is in such a super cute stage. She's still totally enamored with her belly button (and anyone else's she can get access to). Her hair's still growing slowly - she has a bit of a mullet but I really don't want to cut the back. Haven took a big fall off the playground this week. It was pretty scary for me but she acted fine about it pretty quick. I'm sooo glad she was fine.
Chad had a birthday on Monday. Jozie and Haven spent the weekend with "Grandma and Grandpa B" and Chad and I did some hiking, camping, running, sleeping, etc. I plan to write about it more later with pictures. Last night we went on a date while my mom hung out with the kids. We rode our bikes to the mall and brought a backpack to pack stuff around in. I felt like I was in middle school - it was great. We later biked south to a Thai place and had some amazing coconut chicken soup (yummmm). This window where Haven's more grown up and has Jozie to hang out with is a really nice window to be in. I'm enjoying it thoroughly and slowly preparing myself for being mom to a newborn again (don't plan to be very soon though, maybe in a year and a half).
Work has been a bit more stressful than normal for longer than normal. I think I'm handling it okay, although by the end of this week I was feeling pretty stressed. I hope I'm making the right decisions as far as being a mom and a wife, and taking on other stuff. I do love so many things about Legacy Tree and I love the challenge, creativity, and excitement that comes along with it. I hope that I'm loving parenthood enough too because it's more important and more fleeting (this phase of it).
Well gotta go help bring a mattress outside. Sleeping out under the stars is way more fun when you're comfortable. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.