Sunday, October 9, 2011

26+

26. I'm thankful that the sun is shining today.

27. I'm thankful that I got to hear my brother, Bryan, bear his testimony today.

28. I'm thankful that I got to do baptisms for the dead with the YW yesterday. While I was sitting near the font I realized that that's one of my favorite rooms. I've been sitting in that room off and on for the past 19 years, and every time I walk into it I get such a nice feeling. I love the smell of temple chlorine. :) I love the sound of the baptismal prayer and the swoosh of water. I love the memories of being there early Tuesday mornings before school and of being there with my family to do names related to us.

29. Last night Jozie, Chad, and I did a "date" where Jozie gets to stay up a little late and watch a movie with us. She loves this. Last night we re-visited Napoleon Dymanite. I'm thankful Jozie didn't think it was boring even though SO MUCH of the amazing and truly art-ish humor went over her head. Seriously about every line in that movie stands alone for quotability. I love remembering my high school days, the stake dances playing "Forever Young" every single time, the notes with hearts dotting the 'i's and the exclamation points, the bangs, the rolled up T-shirts, the class president elections and what the heck they're elected for, the pencil drawings...love it all.

30. I'm thankful to work with really amazing people. As I move further into motherhood I'm relying on them more and more, and we're growing, because they're amazing. In case you haven't visited recently, Legacy Tree's site's been a bit updated (http://legacytree.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.