Monday, December 12, 2011

Things to record about the day

This morning Jozie told me she wanted to do an adult fast. So, we went to her room and prayed to start her fast. I thought it was cool that she came up with that on her own and I'm glad that I talk to Jozie and Haven about fasting when I'm doing it. When it's fast Sunday they do a "kid" fast, which we define as thinking extra about Jesus and only eating healthy things.

Today was Jozie's last day of preschool at McKee Language Schools in Sugarhouse. Who knows, I may send her back in the summer. We have a lady from Uruguay come to our house one afternoon a week already to teach them. Now we'll just have her come two days a week so that Jozie still has two days a week of Spanish teaching. The Spanish Preschool has been mostly good. It's not as well-run as the English one, and once Jozie started Pre-K and saw the difference she liked the Spanish one much less. Still, it's a good option for helping kids learn Spanish (right now it's the only option besides having a tutor come to your house - they need some Spanish preschool competition but I'm not up for creating one).

Tonight we went to one of our 4plexes and cleaned an empty apartment. The person who lived there before attracted so many flies that fly spots (little brown poop-looking spots) were all over the walls. Awesome. Jozie and Haven had a pretty good time. They helped clean with some rags and when they got bored of that they took breaks by spinning around in the front room.

Over the weekend I set up a new website for compiling advice about parenting. I'm excited about it and will share more later. This afternoon I was up in my room putting away clothes and thinking about how helping the previous generation of successful parents teach our generation will help prepare for the Second Coming. Basically as I understand it, the Second Coming can't really happen until everyone on earth has been taught effectively enough to truly choose whether they will be worthy to be part of the millennium or not. Teaching parents so that they can more effectively teach their kids is a big deal. The Spirit testified of this to me so strongly. I know that what I'm doing with this site is something that God cares about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.