Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tree Cutting

We love cutting down our own tree because you can get a really tall one and one that's not bushy, and it loses lots less pine needles. Plus the experience of being out in the snow and selecting your own tree is awesome. Plus the tree doesn't lose its life over it, it just gets significantly shorter.


Jozie and Haven bundled up and ready to go!

We got completely snowed out last year so we were pretty set on making it work this year. This year we also got kinda snowed out and had to walk in to the tree area. We walked for I think an hour and a half into where we cut our tree, then walked the same distance out (trying really hard not to exaggerate so hopefully that's close to the truth). Jozie and Haven got wrapped up in a tarp and we pulled them like mules. It was tough going in because we were breaking trail with that sled. Luckily the girls slept a good part of the way.




Our tree when it was tall.



Going out was a lot easier for me because we could follow the sled trail back. It wasn't easier for Chad, though, who CARRIED OUR CHRISTMAS TREE ACROSS HIS SHOULDERS. Is that hot, or what???



Sorry this is so briefly told today. It was a great experience but I want to keep blogging time short for the day. One thing I think I learned, though, is that the thing we sometimes say, that pioneers dealt with physical challenges but we deal with tougher spiritual challenges, may not be true. Dealing with an unrelenting physical challenge is also mental and spiritual in addition to being physical. Pulling on that sled with all my weight step by step by step took mental power too. I'm such a wimp, because I didn't even do it for that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.