Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A run, cupcakes, a fall, and a party

At night now Jozie and I review our day. I really like it. I like filling in the gaps when we weren't together and I like helping her remember her day. This was an overall good day. Everybody was up multiple times last night, and by 4:00 my mind was wide awake. I laid down til 5:00 and by then was so bored and feeling hungry that I thought it was late enough to get up. I did some office stuff (including some kind of fun stuff like blogging updates) til 6:30 and then came back upstairs to pay some attention to Chad....After that I fell asleep big time til 8:00 when Jozie was up and ready to play.

In the morning we went to our neighbors and I went running. That's working out so super well. I run every other day and my friend runs every other day. I love that it keeps me running regularly and that I get to run alone. It's such a blessing in my life, physically and emotionally.

When I got home we made cupcakes for Jozie's friend party later on today. After they were baked we made an assembly line with Haven as the cupcake selector, me as the cupcake froster, and Jozie as the cupcake sprinkler.

Jozie went to preschool where they were learning about careers. I volunteered to come talk about what I do for a job, so we talked about what an ancestor is and I read them a book I made about James Dalley. It's illustrated for kids so everybody seemed to really like it and they paid attention. It was fun to come share.

After preschool Jozie and her friend were racing full speed to their cars in their flip flops and Jozie tripped royally. She skinned up her knee and her hand (luckily the hand she isn't really using anyway because of her fractured collarbone - I still need to blog about this). I was worried she'd hurt her collarbone worse but it seems like she didn't. She was pretty upset though, and looked pretty bad off between the new injuries and the old one.

We came home and I tried to teach her some skills for calming herself. She has lots of improvement to make in that arena but she's still just a kid. She and Haven watched some T.V. while I gave Jozie some ibuprofen (luckily I found some orange chewables the other day because she Hates with a capital H the syrup version) and got stuff ready for the party.

Then we went to Jozie's birthday party at Classic Fun Center. It turned out awesome and I'll blog about that with pictures later. Jozie cheered up a ton and I think she really loved it. We had five good friends there and I loved it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.