Jozie's in Kindergarten and loving it! I wasn't worried about her transition because she loves making friends and I think she's pretty good at being in groups and stuff. I have to admit though that *I* felt pretty jittery the night before! We're taking her to Riverside Elementary (which as luck would have it is down the street from my childhood house and where I went to school for K-5) because they have a Spanish Immersion Kindergarten there (the one in Murray starts in first grade). I'm not sure she's going to get a lot out of the basic Spanish they're doing this year, but it's turned out to not be such a bad drive and I'm glad that she'll for sure have a place in Spanish next year (although we'll try to get in at Murray next year).
By the way we got Jozie a backpack the next week that she adores - it's Cinderella with lots of sparkles. :) I need to take a picture of it because she loves it "more than anything even flowers." Jozie's teacher is Miss Candace Casalou. She's really young and she learned Spanish in Chile as a missionary. Jozie's made some friends - I know the names of Camden and Victoria but there are others too. Everyday she and Haven eat snacks on the way home and then when we get home Jozie shows me the stuff in her backpack, which are often letter writing practice pages and artwork involving counting or colors. I set a timer for 15 minutes and when that goes off we do homework, which has been some tough stuff like reading color words and other reading. She's definitely getting the hang of reading, but it's hard! We also do music homework for her "Let's Play Music" class, which is super super awesome and an amazing program.
I think it's great for Haven to have some down time where she can be in charge a bit more of what she wants to do. I enjoy the one-on-one time with her, which won't last long but still at any rate she'll have some time as the older sister instead of the younger sister.
I'm really glad Jozie likes school and is good at getting along with people. I think she has a real talent at making friends and being friendly.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.