Sunday, September 30, 2012

Haven's birthday

Haven turned three a couple weeks ago! She now proudly tells everyone "I was two but now I'm three so I'm bigger" and she says "three" like "wa-ree." We LOVE having Haven in our family. She's into being funny lately, as well as into being "Mama" to her babies (which makes me "Grandma") but at other times she's "Baby" herself and says "Goo goo, gaa gaa" and wants me to feed her pretend snacks of hot dogs and marshmallows. She asks me lots of questions, like about where Jesus lives (and where Snow White, and Ariel, and Tiana, and Cinderella live), and "why" about anything and everything. If I answer "I don't know" she says "you know because you are hugantic big!" and I try again to give a more satisfactory answer. Haven is careful - she speaks in very precise sentences, she notices details, she looks for patterns. I like watching her think. Three's going to be a great year!

Haven and I went to McDonald's on her birthday while Jozie was at Kindergarten. We got kiddie cones and played "train" at a long table, and she had no interest in checking out the playland. At least they had a great table!




At home that day we played, ate food Haven likes for dinner - I'm thinking it was something like green peppers (she likes the top part that makes a flower when you cut it) and long noodles with white sauce (Alfredo sauce) - gave her presents - she loves Minnie Mouse and got a stuffed Minnie Mouse from me and Chad and Minnie Mouse hairbows from Jozie, plus a purple and white umbrella (two of her favorite colors) - and drank chocolate milk. I love that Jozie wanted to get her a present and paid for it, even though for the last month she's been "bribing" Haven in all sorts of ways - "if you share 'such and such' with me I'll give you a really special present..."





We celebrated Haven's birthday a couple weeks later and her cousin, Olivia, was in town and turning one so they got to share celebrations. Haven adores Olivia so that was pretty neat!


Decorating her cake


Haven got a bunch of cute stickers for her birthday and Jozie made her a card. The letters at the top stand for "Haven I love you Happy birthday From Jozie."






We love Haven so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.