As you can see, we did our pumpkins before Oct 16th (Claire's birthday), plenty early. :) I think we actually did them the day before I went into labor.
The girls made water drawings afterwards - pretty cute! I can't get enough of 5-yr-old artistry.
Haven was soooo excited about Halloween. I don't think I can put enough "o's" in that "soooo." She found a Snow White costume a couple months ago and talked about it probably every day ever since. She asked me to save the Snow White toys in our house next to her dress so she could use them on Halloween. And somehow she decided that I was to be her witch and give her an apple - so my costume choice was easy this year!
I think this is Haven's interpretation of a delicate princess.
Jozie was excited to be Ariel as well - that is some SPITFIRE hair she's got!!
Jozie got to wear her costume to school, and then we visited our Rose Park ward for a Trunk or Treat with Grandma B (who lives in that ward, so we get to have an excuse to keep up with everyone over there).
This was Claire at the Trunk or Treat. Her cute costume is below:
Earlier that day I thought it'd be fun to go around with purple hair. Why not?
Chad thought he'd go to work with fun hair too:
That night we ran into our neighbor friends and trick-or-treated with them - that made it super fun!!
That night the switch witch left presents for Jozie and Haven in exchange for all but their favorite candy. They got some cute flower bowls for cereal, Haven got a fluffy purple dress, and Jozie got pink cowboy boots. I thought they were good gifts, but Haven asked me if her present was under her dress - I guess the switch witch is supposed to be more into leaving toys. :) Oh well.
I sure think it's great that we have a day to dress up and be silly. I really missed having a spooky dinner this year but with Claire so new that really wasn't in the cards this time. I'm already looking forward to it for next year though!
Happy Halloween!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.