Thursday, January 3, 2013
8 years
I've been lucky to spend 8 years so far married to Chad. I feel like things are getting better and better all the time. It's crazy how quickly 8 years can go by and also crazy that it can take such a long time to become one in such an important and intimate relationship. A lot of the early kinks have been more or less worked out by now, or maybe he's just given up and become more patient with all my foibles. At any rate I think we're really enjoying our joint life. I know I am. I knew when we were single that he was the kind of person I wanted in my life. I'm glad I took that leap of faith it takes to commit your life to someone, and I'm glad he took a chance on me!
Lately we're into going running together and then eating out, so that's what we did for our anniversary. It was Christmas Eve morning and we lucked out with a somewhat balmy morning to run in before a big snowstorm hit that afternoon. After running we tried out a new restaurant called Sea Salt over in Sugarhouse. We tried fancy cheese and an authentic Italian pizza with Ricotta cheese and potatoes on it. The night before (on our real anniversary), Chad spoiled me with stuff he hates and I love - a treasure hunt to find fancy cherry chocolates (he hates both treasure hunts and cherry chocolates). Isn't that a symbol for such an important part of marriage - looking to the other person's needs/wants and learning to do things you otherwise wouldn't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.