On Tuesday I was up super early and got to see the whole sunrise (the sun rises before 6 here and sets around 6 pm). It was Jozie's birthday - she's such a great girl and I truly feel lucky to be with her. We went to a beach that's further away - I can't remember the name of it. It was pretty rocky - no shells and very little coral. Underwater I saw sea urchins moving across the sandy floor, and Chad swam through an underwater arch which was really cool. I'm not that gutsy yet. Mostly we just played in the sand and the water all day long. We even stayed for part of the rain, which comes every afternoon these days. Before going back home we stopped at a bakery and got lots of pieces of different kinds of cakes to try. I had brought some candles in our luggage and we used them to sing happy birthday to Jozie. It's crazy, as a mom I feel so happy to celebrate Jozie's life I wish I could do a million things equal to fireworks and a big band or something, but the celebration was small and quiet. I am so glad she was born. :)
We brought a present with us for Jozie to open on her birthday - a Rapunzel polly pocket she picked out and wrapped herself.
On our way to the beach.
Eating mangoes!
Playing in the jeepney while we waited for Chad to shop at the grocery store
Singing Happy Birthday that night
Pastries to try - the dark purple ones are from uba fruit. The flan looking one is like an upside down cupcake with flan-like pudding on top.
Today is also my dad's birthday. I miss him, and I'm awfully glad he was born too. He was a strong soul and worked so hard in every aspect. I'm lucky to be his daughter.
Tomorrow is going to be a quieter day for laundry and cleaning this dirty house - the floor is full of sand and rice and ramen (ramen is what we have every time we need to make dinner, unfortunately) :). In the afternoon I hope to visit the close by cove again for snorkeling - that place is truly amazing under water.
Also, I've just got to give a shout out to Glenda. We are running her ragged here I'm afraid. she goes to bed so dang tired (we all do really). She's helpful and fun and easy to get along with. It's been fun to have her here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.