Thursday, July 25, 2013

Crazy

Well it's crazy around here! The stuff we're shipping is being packed up today and loaded tomorrow. Then we will essentially camp for about 6 weeks - a week here before we fly out and then a month or so in our new apartment, where we'll hang out with no beds, couches, or table, but we will have some pans and camping mats we'll bring in suitcases It's gonna be...interesting. Going through the house and selecting what should be shipped, what should go in a suitcase, what should stay in this house (we're renting it out as a furnished house), and what should be sold has been something I'm probably not going to ever do again. I haven't been able to really be "mom" (or a very great wife for that matter) because I've spent the last month doing little more than preparing our stuff. So, if there is a next time as far as international moving, we will be shipping everything together.

Right now...I hate stuff.

On a good note, we put a deposit down on an apartment over there, so it feels good to know where we're headed! Chad's coworker went and took many pictures for us (we haven't visited it), so hopefully there are no weird surprises. It's not in the city, and it's right below the flat roof of an apartment building so we can use the space to be outside more. I feel lucky that we were able to find something like that because it's hard to find, though the funny thing is most people don't use the roof if they have access to it (this one looks rarely used if ever).

We're gonna miss our family and friends here, including our great neighborhood. Thanks SO MUCH for your help and support and friendship and love. It does a lot for us. We'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.