Well, I'm finally catching up and bringing us closer to the here and now in Macau. I'm in the middle of horrible homesickness so I hope my posts can be upbeat and not too sad. Oh man I miss my house and just about everything about America right now. I really hope we can get back there again! I mean, that is definitely the plan, I just have this fear that somehow we'll get stuck. :) Not that Macau is all bad, but man am I homesick.
Anyway, here's the stuff about us getting over here this time around. First I'll say that this travel stuff is old hat now. :) We are so much better at it now and it's much less stressful. It's nice to know what you're doing - every new thing really does just need a few tries and then it's not too bad.
Here we are waiting to go upstairs in the SLC airport - adventure just beginning!
Moving sidewalks are THE HIGHLIGHT of any airport.
...followed by free rides. This is Chad pushing the girls in the Seattle airport. What a great dad.
This HUGE pile of suitcases is what we pulled out of two taxis after driving from the Hong Kong airport to the ferry terminal that we'd use to go over to Macau. We tried to bring what we needed to get us by for 5-6 weeks until our shipment came in - including a frying pan and lidded pot, a couple kitchen knives, bowls, silverware, camping mats, sleeping bags, and a playpen. We've lived pretty comfortably on that stuff so far (still waiting for the shipment to arrive - fingers crossed).
This is somewhere, probably the Hong Kong airport. I have no idea what time it was but I'm gonna guess about 4am SLC time. The girls wanted to lay down anywhere at this point.
That's it for photo documentation! The jist is that we flew from SLC to Seattle, then to Hong Kong. Then we got in a couple of taxis and drove down to the ferry terminal, then we got on a ferry to Macau for an hour, then we got in a couple more taxis and drove south to Cotai to a hotel and got there at 4am. Interestingly, Chad had to fly to a meeting in Singapore like two days after we got here. He's amazing. And while he was gone I took the kids to church on the bus by myself and found it (remembered it from June!) and found my way back again. I'm pretty amazing too. :)
You are amazing. Yes both of you are amazing. I'm homesick too - to see all 5 of you.
ReplyDeleteI never even knew you could take that much luggage on the plane! You guys are really brave, and I'm sure you'll love it there once you get settled more.
ReplyDelete